Saturday, June 20, 2009

I've got to start somewhere...Welcome to my blog.

Since my journey in photography began less than a year ago, I have used other photographer's blogs as educational tools. It is so fun and inspiring to go daily to the blogs of other photographers with such talent and ability, and years of priceless experience. I feel like I get to be a "fly on the wall" of some of the best photographers in the country. I believe in the saying " garbage in, garbage out". With that in mind, looking at poorly constructed images day in and day out only breeds that level in my work. If instead I look at the best photographers, and their awesome works of art, that is instead what I train my mind to achieve.

Now, I realize that this is a pathetic excuse for a blog, but I just couldn't get myself to put in the time and money for a high end professional looking blog, with NO ONE TO SEE IT. So, if this blog becomes a must see, I will upgrade. Until then, I will use it to serve it's purpose...as motivation and for education. Motivation, because I can't very well have a blog without regular pictures and updates, so I will have to work to get sessions. Education because as I post my work, I open it up for discussion. For anyone that visits, and for myself. Please feel free to leave candid but respectful comments on the technical, aesthetic, and emotional components of any images I post. I welcome any comments, good or constructive, that any visitor of this blog would like to share. I hope to learn a lot from everyone that visits, and in turn hope that visitors can learn something as well. I look forward to meeting each and every one of you ! Let's chat !


To start...A question. How can I get my logo on my header, centered, and in the colors it was created ? I see blogs all the time with custom headers. How do I do that ?


2 comments:

  1. I love your site! You forgot to put you are a great daughter.lol... Dad I will look forward to your creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi - These are great shots. Great use of natural light, great contrast in colors with the clothing. A great "vibe" that comes through in each photo. I don't have any critical observations at this point. Beautiful!!!!

    (applause / applause...)

    ReplyDelete

Followers